Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Dream Job

I used to work a normal Monday-Friday 8a-5p job.  You know, for someone else.  And while I was sad to be RIF'd (is that really a word, or did I just make it up?), I would like to think that I've made excellent use of my time in the past almost year and have really focused on growing my business...my Etsy shop, Little Bitty Things...and now this new venture.

But I gotta be honest with you.  I've never really enjoyed working for someone else.  I like doing my own thing, and I'm happiest working harder for myself than I've ever been working for someone else. That doesn't mean that I won't ever work in a normal job again (never say never) but that I prefer to do my own thing.

Because let me tell you...I've found my dream job! I can't explain the extreme giddiness that I get when one of these arrives on my doorstep...

Just to be opened and overflowing with lots of this...
Or these...
I feel like I've literally died and gone to heaven. What a glorious feeling!

Especially when I look at this particular lovely...

I love fabric, I've never tried to hide that fact.  But running a fabric shop? FABULOUS idea, if I do say so myself! Why didn't I think of this sooner? I get to be surrounded by beautiful fabrics all day long, and don't have the guilt of buying oodles and oodles of fabric that I can't possibly ever use because I'm not necessarily buying it for myself. Yes, i plan to use some of a lot of it top make the products in my Etsy shop...but the rest is just to pass along to other sewers and crafters like myself.

Which is great for you, I'm thinking.  So go on over and check out what's new in the shop.  I add fabric daily, and order fabric almost weekly, so there's always something new coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment